It’s time to GET THE GUT BUGS – that is, really “get” them! Demystifying the microbiome is the key to solving your patients’ health problems – bowels being just a start. Gut Critters will move you forward in truly grasping the gut!
Accumulating evidence points to the gut microbiome as a part of a huge number of health conditions, and indeed, a driver of many. Naturopaths have been banging on about this for decades with “the gut is the root of all disease”. Naturopathic lunacy no more – the gut microbiome is now firmly entrenched in orthodox medicine as a key player in health and disease (and about time). Don’t get left behind - health professionals are perfectly placed to help patients be the stewards of their own gut microbiome!
Gut Critters, a follow-on from its prerequisite Insight Into Insides – Leaving Anorectal Behind, will give you the tools to be a Gut Gardener – or even further, a Custodian of the Critters! You’ll learn to recognise patients who are experiencing microbiome mayhem – and attack the factors that create it. You’ll learn about:
- What conditions in your patients flag a messed-up microbiome
- The role of gut bacteria in motility and transit time – and how you can manipulate it
- The antics of antibiotics
- When medications become microbicidal maniacs
- What the laxatives and bowel agents you recommend do to the gut microbiome
- Promising probiotics and praiseworthy prebiotics
- How the gut microbiome functions as an integrated ecosystem
- How gut bacteria resemble weeds, grass, and flowering plants
- The 4 landscapes your patient’s gut can resemble
- How to use the five key tools in your toolkit to start the clean-up
(Note well, in order to make sure you’re not biting off more than you can chew, the focus of this course is on the adult and not the paediatric gut microbiome.)
If you’ve done Insight Into Insides, you’ve started your Entrailblazers journey. Don’t doubt yourself becoming a gut expert: just jump into this course and CFU can!*
*That was one for the true microbiology nerds out there